Robert D. Roseman, P.C.
With over 43 years of experience, Attorney Robert D. Roseman has developed the ability to provide comprehensive legal representation for complex real estate and business transactions. He has successfully represented a number of privately held and not-for-profit businesses, and provides general counsel services to both small businesses and large corporations. Attorney Roseman represents clients by way of example, but not limitation in the following types of matters:
- Organizing corporate structures
- Conducting legal audits
- Drafting and negotiating contracts
- Arranging asset-based security agreements
- Drafting executive compensation arrangements
- Strategic planning assistance
- Advisement at all stages of a real estate project, including acquisition through financing, construction, leasing, management and disposition
- Drafting lease agreements for both landlord and tenant clients
- Negotiating commercial real estate sales contracts for sellers and buyers
- Preparing entity formation including but not limited to all corporate, partnership and limited liability company organizational documents
- Negotiating loan documents for lenders and borrowers
- Structuring financial transactions
- Strategic pre-bankruptcy and debt restructure and asset protection planning
- Commercial and multi-unit residential real estate transactions
- Representation of foreign investors during real estate acquisition including advisement relating to their U.S. and offshore entity structure to minimize the impact of the FIRPTA tax and taxation of their cash flow in the country in which their offshore entity is based
Legal Services You Can Count On, Every Time
Robert Roseman takes pride in offering his clients cost effective, full scope legal services that are uniquely designed to elicit the best possible outcome for the client. Whether it’s a multi-million dollar sales transaction, a complex business agreement or working with a start-up business, Mr. Roseman has the skills and experience to provide his clients with the sound legal advice that can only come from a true veteran in the field.
Cost Effective Legal Representation for Business & Real Estate Clients
Attorney Robert Roseman provides clients with extraordinary service and unmatched value, and strives to provide the highest level of professional service by using the most advanced technology available. By striving to exceed the expectations of his clients, Robert Roseman is able to provide creative, cost effective and successful problem solving strategies that minimize the possibility of cost surprises and unwanted developments in each case.
As a well-known attorney throughout the Metropolitan Washington D.C. region for his ability to efficiently handle complex multiparty transactions, Mr. Roseman values long-term business relationships and offers his clients the utmost commitment and dedication. Many of his clients have been with him since the beginning of his legal career.
Extensive Not-For-Profit Board Service
Attorney Roseman is active in the not-for-profit arena, and has served as outside general counsel and as an officer of many organizations for over 30 years. He has held the following titles:
- Former Secretary and now Treasurer, Chair of the Finance Committee, member of the Executive and Development Committees and member of the Board of Directors since 2009 of The ALS Association DC/MD/VA Chapter
- Former member of the Board of Directors of the Maryland Student Hockey and current outside general counsel and Treasurer since 2011
- Former President and Chairman of the Board for a period of more than ten years of Hillel at the George Washington University Inc.
- Former President and Advisory Board Member of the Rockville Arts Place (now VizArts at Rockville Art Center)
- Former Vice President general counsel and member of the Board of Directors of the Montgomery Youth Hockey Association
- Former Vice-President and current Treasurer and Legal Director of the Maryland Scholastic Hockey League predecessor to the Maryland Student Hockey League
- Founding President, Administrator and President for more than 15 years of the Winston Churchill High School Hockey Club, Inc.
- Chairman of the Task Force on Allocations for the Jewish Federation of Greater Washington
- Member of the Jewish Federation of Greater Washington’s Planning & Allocations Committee
A Successful Legal History Translates Into Excellent Value for Clients
Robert Roseman is a 1969 graduate of Boston University, and received his law degree in 1972 from George Washington University. He is admitted to practice law in both Maryland and the District of Columbia, and has had a successful legal career prior to establishing his own firm to more effectively represent his clients in a cost efficient manner. Attorney Roseman’s legal experience includes:
- Managing Principal of the Tysons Office of Miles & Stockbridge P.C., and the Practice Group Leader of the firm’s Intellectual Property Practice Group
- Served the Washington D.C. and Tysons Corner Virginia Office of Williams Mullen as the Regional Head of the Real Estate Practice Group and the Administrative Partner in the Tysons Corner Office
- Served as the Chair of the Business and Commercial Group of the Galland, Kharasch, Morse and Garfinkle law firm
- Founding Partner of Bethesda, Maryland firm Lerch, Early, Roseman and Brewer
- Served as a member of Lerch, Early, Roseman and Brewer’s Executive Committee and Chair of the firm’s Real Estate Practice Group
- International Referral – Exclusive Real Estate Member in US – Washington D.C.
- Court of Appeals of Maryland
- Bar of the District of Columbia Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of the United States of America
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- American Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar
- Bar Association of Montgomery County, MD